Jul 5, 2010

FREEDOM

Forever you are free. You can run along the meadows, dance in the rain and do whatever you want” he said to her knowing that she is soon going to leave this world. As he said this, she ran into the green meadows with the balloons he brought in for her enjoying the cool breeze and the colors of nature.

Roughly for the last five years, she has been seeing the same room of the hospital and the same nurses but different patients around. He was with her all time along to let his love live for as long as possible. He loved her to the fullest and so did she. She knew that she in the hands of the best of the doctors in the world.

Everyday she literally saw hell with needles piercing into her nerves, bitter medicine running down her throat. The radiations, the chemotherapy could no longer affect the cancer cells but he never lost hope until today.

Even today he knew she is going to die but how soon was an answerless question. Until today, he did everything he can to take her away from the death bed but the reports said she can’t. Until today, he never had tears and was very strong but today everything changed when she asked him something for the first time.

Darling, I want to live like everyone. I want to see the colors of life. I am sick of the whites and greens around. I know I will die soon, but please let me live till I die. Please” she pleaded for which he couldn’t say No to.

O
ne day she shall for sure die. But he let her live today. He let her live everyday until she is dead and he has left a note for all of us to think of.

My dear world, there are many lives like my angel’s. I know you are going through a bad time. But dear, just let them live their last moments of life to the fullest. Let them live today. As you never know, they may never see tomorrow.”

Written for Acrostic Only and Thursday Tales...!!!


11 comments:

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

I like this!

lissa said...

I felt like I am reading the same story as Amity's (http://intelclub.blogspot.com/2010/07/if-only.html) - but it is a different take and I like the message at the end

The Write Girl said...

This is a beautifully woven story and so heartfelt and deep. Thank you for sharing your words and heart.

Pramoda Meduri said...

Hi SIs..what a pleasant one and feels so good at heart after reading this..

so touching, right at my heart.. thank you fr the pleasure dear..

Anonymous said...

this was so touching.

Yamini Meduri said...

@Amias

thanks di...!!

Love to see you abck here in my land of dreams...thanks for coming back di..!!

luv u..!!

Yamini Meduri said...

@Lissa

thanks dear...dint read amity's will read her soon..!!!

Yamini Meduri said...

@The write girl

thanks friend..!!

Yamini Meduri said...

@Prams

my pleasure dear...thank you..!!

Yamini Meduri said...

@Ladynimu

thank you friend..!!

The Enchantress said...

beautifully carved...