Jun 19, 2011

DEAR DAD...I LOVE YOU..!!

I know am a li'l late...but better NOW than Never..!!Heres' my post..!!

Since I woke up today, I was thinking about what to write in this post...I wanted to make it special...so all day I was thinking and the day just passed on..!!!

Finally I decided to take this opportunity to write him a letter and tell him everything I wanted to for years..a li'l long post...!!


Dear DAD..!! First of all...Happy FATHER's DAY...You are the best dad in the world..!!

Nanna..I woke up every day since I was a li'l girl and found you reading a newspaper and sipping mom's steaming coffee...I used to feel so good sitting beside you and reading the supplements...Actually I was not interested in the News..but that moment was special...Starting my day with you..!!

I enjoyed all the time you dropped me at school and college...I loved holding your hand and walking beside you...papa you really walk very fast...!! When you left me at my college gate in Pune two years back, I cried...I felt so alone...It was like hell of a moment...but when I was back home after two years...when you shook my hands...I was happy to heavens..!!

Papa...When you come back from work, a smile at the door made me even more happy...I have learnt alot from your smile...Its one thing I admire the most in everyone I meet...you taught me that a smile given always multiplies and returns back..!!

Dad...When I was sick...When you asked me how I felt..It really felt so good..!!

Nanna...Winters of my childhood were the best days of my life with you...When I used to wake up in the morning...U still reading the newspaper with the rugs covered..and I slowly get into them and you hide me from mom and I take a special nap on your lap...wowie...i miss those days....They were the best..!!

Dad...every moment spent with you was/is great...you are a lesson of love care and life...you taught me hard work...you taught me decision making...you taught me LIFE...Today I read newspaper every day...I understand politics better than my peers...I understand engineering your way...I see relationships specially...I admire places that are important...I live LIFE the way you taught me to...Love you for that :)
Ever since my life began
every time i walk and ran

you were there all around
very near to me, you are found

Ever since my life began
to help me lead my life, as i plan
I saw you catch my hand
you are my angel with the magic wand

Ever since my life began
every day, as my life ran
i saw you smart and strong
helping me with the right and wrong

Ever since my life began
I have been your biggest fan
admiring your strength
you presence is my wealth

Ever since my life began
a wish, i wrapped in the can
filled with love, i wait to give you
a gift from up above, from years its due

Ever since my life began
to wish you, was my little plan
Dear Dad, Happy Father's Day
May the happiness be all your way

Ever since my life began
to love you, I lived
May the winds of the season
bring joy for every reason

Ever since my life began
till it ends
Dear Dad,
I will be your li'l girl

14 comments:

Abigail Bunting said...

simply beautiful! This is how I feel about my own daddy!

on paper wings

Tumblewords: said...

Very nice!

The Poet said...

What a beautiful treat for your dad. I lost my dad in my early teens. I will always remember him though, because he lives in my heart.

Thank you for sharing.

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

You wrote it like a little daddy's angel in the innocence of the words of a kid.

So true, that children will always be children to their parents, no matter how old they get.

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Dr. Naveen Solanki said...

nice post....like it too much.......:)




REGARDS
NAVEEN
http://drnaveenkumarsolanki.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Such lovely sentiments beautifully shared.

http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2011/06/20/red-door-opportunity/

Harshad Mehta said...

'....till it ends
Dear Dad,
I will be your li'l girl'

Love this.

Jeevan said...

So sweet and straight from your heart! I wish the father always be at li'l girl's beside. My best wishes to your dad and yourself.

Anonymous said...

Loved the poem...I'm sure your dad loved it too... :)

wena said...

ah, to feel loved!

Thanks for sharing!

Other Mary said...

What a wonderful, loving tribute to your dad.

Ramesh Sood said...

I think it would be every father's dream to have his daughter write to him..sharing and expressing.. what a gift you have given to him.. this is absolutely delightful.. wow!!!!

Ramesh Sood said...

I think it would be every father's dream to have his daughter write to him..sharing and expressing.. what a gift you have given to him.. this is absolutely delightful.. wow!!!!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

this is superb...