May 24, 2011
I had a pleasant childhood. A group of friends who were there for almost 12 years of school.
Every day we met and every single day and shared every moment in life. Today, some of these friends share a long bond of nearly 18years and in these years, nothing changed. We still fight as we did in our kindergarten days. This I realized today, when I met them in a party.
We taunt each other, we laugh out loud no matter whoever is around. We eat too many ice creams (as we did as little kids), we make fun of everyone in the group.
To me these friends are even more special. They taught me LOVE. I still remember the first day when I entered my class, everyone was looking weirdly at me (I was the tallest girl the class then), but soon they accepted me as one of their friends and this was 18 years ago. Today, they still pull my hair and pass comments about my little extra pound personality. It never hurt me with these guys, coz they know me since ages and accept me as myself.
Friendship is definitely never ending. I grows and grows and one day stops along with our breathe. Life has given me too many too good friends but my childhood buddies are the sweetest of all. Even octaves donot know me as these guys do.
Cheers to my childhood sweet hearts and long live our friendship..!!
May 17, 2011
“People only see what they are prepared to see”
I think it holds good about beliefs as well. “People only believe what they want to believe”
Today I had an interesting conversation with my mom and neighbours. Mom and the neighbouring aunties meet every evening and talk about anything and everything in the world. They gossip every day…I never understaood how could they.
Today, I had a very boring day. So in the evening, as the book I was reading also was over, I joined the group to refresh myself. Soon, the topic somehow diverted to Religion and God…my favorite topic to debate about. Finally it ended on a serious note as they never intended to think of my logic. They just beilve what they believe is right. If someone contradicts it with a rational logic, they get on to their nerves..!!!
These are my beliefs:
1. I strongly believe that Raavan is far better than Lord Ram. Raavan when he got Sita, he told her wife. He never even touched Sita. He respected her to be another man’s wife. But Lord Ram abandoned his own wife just listening to a Dobhi’s words.
2. Lord Ram leaves Sita in the forest to catch the Golden deer. But he never caught it. He let his arrow kill the deer. If he really is such a gentleman, he should not have killed it in the first place.
3. Lord Ram needed the help pf Vibhishana, the brother of Raavana, to kill him. Vibhishana told Ram the family secret about the weak point of Ravana so that he can be killed. Without his help, Ram was just fighting, not winning.
4. In the great war of Kurukshetra, Arjuna killed Karna when he was trying to get his suck cart out. But still, people love Arjuna and not Karna who was following a path of righteousness.
5. Abhimanyu knew the way to get into the Padmavyuha but not the way out. How can be a hero if he cant come out on his own?
6. In South India, Diwali is celebrated on the account of the death of a demon named Narakasura who was killed by Satyabhama(wife of Lord Krishna). But the same Diwali in North India is celebrated as Lord Ram returned to Ayodhya. How can a festival have two stories??
These are some points that I believe and to me they sound logical. But in a country like India, where beliefs are given more importance, when you question a story about God, you are humiliated, scolded and what not and the end of they, they just say “elders said”.
Even now, as I write this post, I don’t understand how can people just blindly believe about anything but I just feel that “people don’t want to think at all…as they feel that it may hurt what they for years.”
Anyways..nothing is going to change..!!
P.S.: everything written in this post is completely what i think...if it hurts any of your personal feelings...am sorry...i never intended to do so...hope you understand..!!
May 15, 2011
A happy time for me…first reason,am back home. Its always great to be back home…!!!
The next is…its marriage time…no no not mine but my friends’. OMG…we never had so many wedding cards at a time in our home…everyday someone or the other friend or relative or an aquaintance is getting married…the whole family is too busy these days..!!
Shanis and Swetha…my two childhood buddies are getting married. I have known them for almost 18 years now. We used to sit on the same bench for years, they are my sweetest and oldest friends. We learnt counting, hand writing, etc together and we enjoyed.
So you must be wondering what did I teach them…I taught them handwriting…yeah I was (am) good at that. I remember how they used to help me with the mat tables which I don’t know till date. Every memory of my childhood had these two special friends of mine..!!
So this May, my most beautiful friends are getting married…ofcourse to two different people…!! As they join the wedlock with their better halves, I wish them all the success and best time together through my Land of Dreams..!!!